November 27, 2012

For My Beloved Mom: The Last “Present” from My Mom

For the first time after has been living alone for more than 3 years in Yogyakarta, I feel so difficult to leave my hometown, South Tangerang. It is too easy for me to get homesick when I am in Yogyakarta. I miss my father, my brothers, and also my close family in South Tangerang.

I guess it happened because I didn’t get enough support here. Well, for the truth, I still need support to go through the tragedy of my mom’s passed away. It makes me down to the lowermost level moreover I am on progress to finish my thesis.

In South Tangerang, when I miss my mom, I used to go to my close family houses or visit to her resting place. Seriously, I feel better when I meet with her brothers and sisters (my uncles and aunts). I don’t know why this happen, but I think it caused they are the closest people with my mom, after my father and my brothers. So, they can be a representative of my mom. They also frequently tell me about her goodness and I am delighted to hear that.

In addition, I commonly visit her cemetery once in two weeks. Surely, it has a big impact for me. After visiting her cemetery, my miss is reduced. Besides, the Messenger of Allah (pbuh) said we have to frequently visit a sacred place in order to make us remember about our die. Therefore, I am pleased to go to her resting place.

For those reasons, I feel better to live in South Tangerang than Yogyakarta for this moment. But then, the strongest reason why I feel more comfort to live in South Tangerang is my father and my brother, especially my youngest brother (Fahri-7 years old). There is no hesitates to say that I’m really happy when I through my life time with him. He is the last “present” from my mom.
Sumber: dokumentasi pribadi

When I interact with him, I get some pleasure. I enjoy when I teach him to do his homework. I’m happy when I teach him read Koran. I’m happy when we pray together at the mosque. I’m happy when we play soccer in the afternoon. And also I’m happy when I bike him to his TPA (a place to learn Koran).

Interact many times with him makes me enjoy, though sometimes also annoyed because he asked me for many things. But overall, his attitude often makes my miss of mom healed. Formerly, my mom put so much love to him. He often gets special treat from her. It caused he is the youngest among us. Nevertheless I didn’t feel any envy at all to him. The truth is I feel so sorry for him.

I think Fahri is the unluckiest son among us (me and my 2 young brothers). Why? Well, he just turned into 7 and lost the main source of affection in that age. I think everyone agree that mother is the best people to take care of her child. Until the end of the world, there is no father has an ability to take care of his child as good as mother. Therefore, Fahri may be lack of affection.

I wonder the lack of affection impacting his future. What if he has a psychological problem? Indeed, there is no sign about it till now and I hope the sign never come to him. In consequence, I want to do my best to take care of him in order to prevent it.

When I was going home from Yogyakarta for the first time after my mom’s passed away, I looked he seriously careless. He looked thin sadly. After few days at home, I know it caused by the lack of nutrition. His mainly dishes was only either fried egg or noodle. Although he was still fun and enjoy with that, but I have a duty to be more responsible to him. Therefore, I feed him with more nutritiously food.

His appearance was also not good. He has long and dirty fingernail. His skin also looked dusty. In general, his appearance made me so sad. I was so sad because I knew it would never happen when my mom still alive. My father can’t take care of him at all times because he should work. The person who most care to Fahri is my neighbor whom also the closest friend of my mom.

She had a heart of gold. She always pays her attention to us (my family) and often cooks for Fahri and gives him special attention. I hope Allah bless her and give her a healthy and long life, happiness, also good ending. 

#room corner, Pakdhe's dorm

0 comments:

Post a Comment